Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hello internets, and welcome.

Odds are, that if you've stumbled in here, you pretty much know what you're looking at. It's not me hiding, per se, but rather, it's just me needing somewhere to put things that wouldn't fit anywhere else; to say things that I think need to be said, but keep a lower profile as I say them.

I guess that means it is a place for me to hide after all, but, it's a place that I don't mind people finding out about. There's nothing here I need to hide; I'm not here preaching violent revolution, nor even spreading rumors about people behind their backs. Done properly, I shouldn't mention particular people at all, only ideas, and the broadest sketches of places and situations. But still, I'll remain contentedly obscure, because this is that most horrible of internet creations: a wank blog. This is where spout my unsolicited wisdom into the ætherial echo-chambers of the internet, and pretend like it matters. And frankly? That's embarrassing. That's the reason I'm not going to make a big deal out this thing.

So, welcome to my little shrine to my vanity, where everything that you read should be prefaced (bold faced and underscored, twice): "Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas." Utterly meaningless, everything is meaningless.

No comments: